The Park District is completing a full depth renovation of the Tennis Courts and Parking Lot along Northwest Highway. The stone base is being excavated and reinstalled to include proper drainage and longer lasting high quality product. The project includes new lighting, fencing, nets, and landscaping for the tennis courts. The parking lot will now have landscaped islands with trees to enhance the visual appearance of the parking lot and in time provide some shade. The project is expected to last through the summer and will be completed in the fall of 2018.
UPDATE 7/13/2018 -
- This week, permits approvals were received from IDOT and the City of Park Ridge to move forward with the Parking Lot portion of the project.
- The parking lot will be closed beginning on Monday, July 16 at 6am until further notice.
- Demolition has been completed
- Subgrade areas with poor soils were over excavated to create a stable base
- A French drain was created on the north and west sides of the tennis courts for additional drainage
- Fence Posts have been installed
- Perimeter curb has been installed
- LED lights have been installed
- The immediate next step include the installation of a new electrical box
UPDATE 4/27/2018 - Due to unforeseen delays in the full permit being awarded, closure of the parking lot along Northwest Highway at Hinkley Park is postponed. We anticipate receiving the full permit within the next few weeks and plan to begin construction shortly thereafter. At least 48 hours’ notice will be given prior to closing the parking lot.
Beginning April 23, the Hinkley Tennis court demolition will begin. We anticipate fence removal during the first part of the week, followed by the installation of a construction driveway from Busse Hwy to the tennis courts and light pole removal which will likely continue into the week of April 30. Parking lot signage and storm sewer inlet protection will take place on the parking lot the week of April 23 as well, but demolition is not planned before the week of April 30 for the parking lot itself.