Welcome to the Centennial Fitness Center! Whatever your fitness level we are here to help you reach your goals!
May 31: Closed
Centennial Fitness Center remains open with a capacity limit of 50%.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in the Centennial Fitness Center, including while engaged in individual exercise regardless of person or machine spacing.
- Pickleball is limited to groups of four at a time, face coverings required at all times.
- NEW HOURS (subject to change at any time)
- Sundays 8:00am-10:00am
- Tuesday 1:15pm-3:15pm
- Fridays 11:00am-1:00pm
- Racquetball and Wallyball resume, limited to two players, face coverings required at all times. Call the front desk for reservations.
OPEN GYM: Due to high demand, reservations will be required during certain hours for open gym basketball. There will be 24 reservation spots with 6 spots on the waitlist. These 30 individuals (6 per hoop and 6 on the sides) will be allowed in the North Gym for up to two hour increments at time.
- The following days/times are the ONLY time reservations will be required for Open Gym:
- Mondays 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesdays 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Fridays 1:00pm-3:00pm and 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Saturdays 10:15am-12:00pm
- Sundays 10:00am-12:00pm
- Anytime outside of those set hours, reservations will not be required. Games of 3 vs 3 can be played.
- Participation in open gym times can be removed/suspended if a mask or other rules are violated.
- Reservations may be required on days where school is off and demand is high.
Fitness Center members will be given priority admission. Should we not reach capacity, non-member reservations will be accepted. Please also be aware, swim times at the indoor pool will be available to members for advance reservations
Not a member and want to grab a workout? Call 847-692-5129 to check availability.
Interested in becoming a member? Call Justin at 847-692-5136 for a tour.
NON-MEMBER DAILY RATES
Youth (17 & Under): $5 Resident / $8 Non-Resident
Adult (18 & Older): $8 Resident / $12 Non-Resident
Each guest must pay the daily fee to be allowed in any area of the facility. Parents/legal guardians observing participants in pre-registered programs are not required to pay daily fees.
In-person and Virtual Group Fitness Classes are available
How the experience has changed to keep everyone safe
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times, including while exercising (exceptions made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- Locker rooms are open. Up to 10 members may use the locker room at one time. You are welcome to change, store your belongings, and shower in the locker rooms. Due to the limited capacity, we would like to extend the use of the locker rooms to our swim participants first, as they need to change in and out of swimsuits and shower.
- With the requirement to disinfect the locker rooms hourly, please observe the cleaning schedule posted for times the locker rooms will be unavailable.
- It is recommended that you arrive to the facility dressed in workout attire.
- Please bring your own towel for your workout. For your safety, towel services are suspended until further notice.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Water fountains are for water bottle refilling only.
- Minimize the personal items you are bringing to the Fitness Center - keys, phone, water bottle, towel, and face covering.
- A limited number of mini-lockers will be available for use.
- Upon entering the facility or before a class, patrons will be asked whether they are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. If a patron does have symptoms, they will need to wait to enter premises until they have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
- The front desk is strictly for checking in and for any transactions that cannot be completed online.
- The lobby area and vending machines are not available.
- Patrons should limit socializing. However, when engaging in limited socializing with your friends at the CFC, please maintain a 6-ft. social distance and wear a face covering.
- Allow for one person at a time in the elevator unless you are with a person from your current household.
- When using the staircase, always stay to your right to allow for social distancing when moving up and down.
Working Out Safely
- Clean and sanitize equipment (e.g., weights, treadmills, any equipment used outdoors) before and after use.
- Maintain 6-ft. of distance during exercise.
- Equipment should not be shared between individuals at the same time unless from the same household.
- On the upstairs fitness floor, equipment has been configured and/or decommissioned to allow for 6-ft. social distancing between individuals. We have also configured designated workout spaces in the free weight area that allow for 6-ft. social distancing.
- We have moved cardio equipment to the South Gym spaced evenly throughout to allow for maximum usage of our equipment while keeping a safe 10-ft. distance for high exertion machines. Television will not be available for the cardio in the South Gym. Please bring your own visual entertainment (iPad, phone, etc.) if desired.
Indoor Running/Walking Track
- The track will be available for a limited number of 5 people per registered time slot.
- A face covering must be worn at all times.
- Restrooms are available.
- Kids Spot childcare services will not be available at this time.
- Per the DCEO Guidelines, ancillary accommodations, such as the sauna and hot tub are closed.
Schedules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update you through our website, emails, and social media platforms. Please make sure that we have your correct email on file.
How YOU CAN HELP keep everyone SAFE
Don't workout if you're sick
- The old days of sweating out a fever or a cold/flu need to be left in the old days. Please do not come into the facility if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Stay home and protect other participants and staff. Wait to return until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
Face Coverings Required
- Please be sure to wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times, including while exercising (exceptions made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- We kindly request that you wipe your equipment before and after your workout.
Be a Good Neighbor
- With everyone following the guidelines and rules set forth, we are able to provide a safe and fun fitness experience.
How WE are keeping you SAFE
- Staff are required to stay home if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Additionally, we’re avoiding close contact whenever possible. Please understand our staff are providing the best experience possible given limitations.
- All staff were required to participate in a District-wide COVID-19 Prevention Training prior to returning to work.
- Staff also participated in job specific safety training.
Extra Enforcement of Hygiene
- Staff are increasing the frequency of their hand washing and disinfecting of common touch points.
Sanitizing Stations Available
Facility Cleaning Protocols
- Staff is following the District-wide Restoration of Operations Procedures and reopening protocols for public and staff areas to ensure safety, sanitation, and protective measures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises will be conducted in compliance with CDC protocols.
- A detailed plan, specific to the Centennial Fitness Center & Indoor Pool, has been developed with detailed disinfecting procedures for each room and the items within.
- Common areas and surfaces that are touched by multiple people will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Machines and high touch point areas will be disinfected between each reservation time.
- In a confirmed COVID-19 case is reported at the facility, CDC guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting for Community Facilities will be followed.
Transactions at the Desk
- The Centennial Fitness Center will operate cashless. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Park District Gift Cards will be accepted.
- The customer service desk at the Centennial Fitness Center will only process check-in transactions for the CFC. Online registration at prparks.org is available for all other Park District registrations.
Failure to Follow Guidelines
We care about your health! The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious. Please be respectful of staff and fellow patrons at all times. Failure to follow staff directives and the guidelines set forth will result in suspension of your fitness privileges until further notice. The Park District may change and update guidelines and restrictions at any time given the fluid nature of the pandemic and as new regulations are implemented or new guidance is developed.Daily Rates
See inside the center
Fitness Center Capacity
The Centennial Fitness Center will continue to be open for members, limited to 50% capacity in each of the following spaces: the first floor cardio area in the South Gym (48 people), the second floor fitness strength/cardio area (44 people), and the indoor track (12 people).
Open Gym Basketball
Open Gym Basketball is available during set times for 6 players per hoop on a first come first served basis, unless we add reservations. Face coverings are required at all times.
VIEW THE OPEN GYM SCHEDULE
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Lap Swim & Leisure Pool
All indoor swim reservations must be made through the Group Ex Pro Reservation system. Due to limited capacities and many members looking for pool time, members may reserve only one hour per day. Swim reservations are for Centennial Fitness Center members only.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Virtual Group Fitness Classes
The CFC is offering a paid virtual group fitness program. To participate in the virtual classes:
- Register for your spot using GroupExPro.
- Shortly before class begins, staff will email participants the ZOOM link to the class.
Indoor In-Person Group Fitness Classes
Indoor group fitness classes are available with a limit of 10 participants. Face coverings required while exercising.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
The Park Ridge Park District Centennial Fitness Center is a state-of-the-art fitness and athletic facility designed to provide community fitness for all ages through a variety of healthy activities. From our weight machines and group fitness classes to our pools and sports, it is your center for fitness and fun.
- Paramount® and Life Fitness Performance Strength Training Machines
- Free Weights
- Upright Bikes
- Recumbent Bikes
- Spin Bikes
- Schwinn® Airdyne® Bikes
- Concept 2® Rowers
- Precor® and Life Fitness® Elliptical Machines
- Octane® Lateral Trainer
- Cybex Arc Trainer
- Life Fitness® and WOODWAY Treadmills
- WOODWAY Curve
- Stair Masters & Step Mills
- Precor® Adaptive Motion Trainers with Personal TV
- Kettlebells, training ropes, weight vests, TRX suspension trainers, balance boards, plyo boxes, foam rollers, and more to keep your workout challenging and fun!
- 50-inch Plasma Flat Screen TVs
- Cushioned Rubberized Track
- Inside Lane, 12.67 laps per mile
- Outside Lane, 11.86 laps per mile
- 4-Lane, 25-Yard Lap Pool
- Leisure Pool with Current Channel and Spray Features
- Tot Pool with Splash Slide
- Hot Tub and Dry Sauna
NOTICE: Per the DCEO Guidelines, ancillary accommodations, such as the sauna and hot tub are currently closed.
- Six fixed-height basketball goals
- Two portable, variable height basketball goals
- Volleyball, Pickleball, and Badminton available (at designated times)
- Batting cage rental available (rental required)
- Two regulation-size racquetball/wallyball courts
Public Locker Rooms
NOTICE: Locker Rooms are closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available. Please come dressed for your workout.
- Towel service provided
- Handheld hairdryers
- Family changing room available
Please bring a lock to secure your belongings. If you forget a lock, you may purchase one at the Front Desk.
Private Adult Locker Rooms
NOTICE: Private Locker Rooms are closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available. Please come dressed for your workout.
- Private locker for your use only, adult only access.
- Cable television
- Free toiletries (disposable razor, cotton swabs, shaving cream, lotion, etc.)
Private locker rooms are not included in memberships and cost an additional fee. Ask for details at the Front Desk.
Complementary mini lockers for keys, wallets, etc. are available at the Front Desk.
Rentals and Party Packages
Make your next celebration a fun and active one at Park Ridge Park District’s Centennial Fitness Center.
This is a great place to host your party, meeting or event. Centrally located the Centennial Fitness Center offers a variety of venues for a special event or off-site meetings. Pool, party room, or gym rentals are available year round.
The Park Ridge Park District is now accepting private rental requests for our indoor and outdoor facilities within the DCEO guidelines. Capacity restrictions will be reassessed based on the latest science and public health metrics on an ongoing basis throughout Phase 4. Pavilion rentals and picnic permits are also being accepted. Please complete an application to reserve your rental. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and Regulations
The following rules have been established to help improve the overall experience during the use of the Centennial Fitness Center. By becoming a member you agree to follow all rules set by the Centennial Fitness Center.
- The Centennial Fitness Center is a family facility. Offensive language is not allowed.
- Appropriate clothing is to be worn at all times. See Dress Code.
- No dunking allowed in the gym.
- No child under the age of 7 may be left at the Centennial Fitness Center without adult supervision.
- Only guests 13 years of age and over may use the upper level, stretching area, and track.
- Guests 13-15 years of age must complete the fitness orientation and have a permission slip signed by their parent or guardian on file at the Front Desk.
- For your safety, we require athletic shoes to be worn in the upper level, gymnasium, raquetball courts, and track.
- Shirts must be worn at all times (with the exception of the pool).
- Children younger than 13 years of age are not permitted in the upper level.
- Children ages 13-15 must complete a fitness orientation prior to using the upper level. See General Rules.
- Dropping of free weights is prohibited.
- Guests must wear appropriate attire. See Dress Code.
- Strollers or baby carriers are not permitted.
- Food is not allowed.
Public Locker Rooms
- Children 5 years of age and under may accompany their parent or guardian into both male and female locker rooms. Two family changing rooms are available for older children.
- Children must be within arms length reach at all times.
- Use of mobile phones and cameras is prohibited in locker rooms.
Private Locker Rooms
- No children under 18 are allowed in the private adult male or female locker rooms at any time.
- Food is prohibited in the locker rooms.
See Pool Rules
The Park Ridge Park District reserves the right to amend rules and regulations as deemed necessary by management to protect the health and safety of our guests and staff.