Welcome to the Centennial Fitness Center! Whatever your fitness level we are here to help you reach your goals!
We are excited to reopen the Centennial Fitness Center to members beginning on Monday, June 29! To keep you safe and to be in compliance with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) guidelines, we will be operating the Fitness Center at a maximum of 50% capacity at any given time. We will also have face covering requirements, social distancing guidelines, and cleaning protocols in compliance with DCEO.
TEMPORARY FACILITY HOURS, JUNE 29 - JULY 31
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-2:00pm
Friday, July 3: 7:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, July 4: CLOSED
Fitness Center members will be given priority admission. If space allows, drop-in admission will be accepted for non-members. Please also be aware, with the reopening of the facility, swim times at the indoor pool will be available to members for advance reservations. If swim times are not reserved in advance by members, times will be available by drop-in for members and non-members.
Not a member and want to grab a workout? Call 847-692-5129 to check availability.
Interested in becoming a member? Call Justin at 847-692-5136 for a tour.
NON-MEMBER DAILY RATES
Youth (17 & Under): $5 Resident / $8 Non-Resident
Adult (18 & Older): $8 Resident / $12 Non-Resident
Each guest must pay the daily fee to be allowed in any area of the facility. Parents/legal guardians observing participants in pre-registered programs are not required to pay daily fees.
The Open Gym Schedule is available on our Schedules page.
Outdoor Group Fitness Classes are currently available
How the experience has changed to keep everyone safe
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth whenever not exercising and whenever 6-ft. social distancing cannot be maintained (exceptions made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- Arrive to the facility dressed in workout attire.
- All locker rooms will be closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available.
- Please bring your own towel for your workout. For your safety, towel services are suspended until further notice.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Water fountains are for water bottle refilling only.
- Minimize the personal items you are bringing to the Fitness Center - keys, phone, water bottle, towel, and face covering.
- A limited number of mini-lockers will be available for use.
- Upon entering the facility or before a class, patrons will be asked whether they are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. If a patron does have symptoms, they will need to wait to enter premises until they have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
- The front desk is strictly for checking in and for any transactions that cannot be completed online.
- Staff will be actively keeping track of how many people are on the second floor, and the North and South Gyms to ensure we are operating at a maximum of 50% capacity at any given time.
- The lobby area and vending machines are not available.
- Patrons should limit socializing. However, when engaging in limited socializing with your friends at the CFC, please maintain a 6-ft. social distance and wear a face covering.
- Allow for one person at a time in the elevator unless you are with a person from your current household.
- When using the staircase, always stay to your right to allow for social distancing when moving up and down.
Working Out Safely
- Clean and sanitize equipment (e.g., weights, treadmills, any equipment used outdoors) before and after use.
- Maintain 6-ft. of distance during exercise.
- Equipment should not be shared between individuals at the same time unless from the same household.
- On the upstairs fitness floor, equipment has been configured and/or decommissioned to allow for 6-ft. social distancing between individuals. We have also configured designated workout spaces in the free weight area that allow for 6-ft. social distancing.
- We have moved cardio equipment to the South Gym spaced evenly throughout to allow for maximum usage of our equipment while keeping a safe 10-ft. distance for high exertion machines. Television will not be available for the cardio in the South Gym. Please bring your own visual entertainment (iPad, phone, etc.) if desired.
The North Gym
- The North Gym will be used for group fitness classes, youth programming, pickleball, badminton, and open time. During times the North Gym is open on the schedule, individual members may shoot hoops with one member per hoop. Members who reside in the same household may also play together at one hoop. Hoop availability is on a first come, first served basis.
- Face coverings are required during badminton, pickleball, and whenever 6-ft. social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Click here to view the current Schedule.
Indoor Running/Walking Track
- The track will be available.
- If more than one person is on the track, a face covering must be worn unless all individuals on the track are members of the same household.
- Lap Swimming will be available for members. Advance reservations are required. To secure your swim time, please click here. Please note, this is a new reservation system, and you will need to create an online username and password to secure your swim time. If swim times are not reserved in advance, times will be available by drop-in for members and non-members.
- Private Swim Lessons and One-on-One Swim Coaching will be offered beginning the week of July 6. Please click here to register.
- Outdoor Group Fitness classes will continue to be offered. Click for more information.
- Indoor Group Fitness classes will be offered beginning July 15. Watch for more details.
- Restrooms are available.
- Kids Spot childcare services will not be available at this time.
- Per the DCEO Guidelines, ancillary accommodations, such as the sauna and hot tub are closed.
Schedules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update you through our website, emails, and social media platforms. Please make sure that we have your correct email on file.
How YOU CAN HELP keep everyone SAFE
Don't workout if you're sick
- The old days of sweating out a fever or a cold/flu need to be left in the old days. Please do not come into the facility if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Stay home and protect other participants and staff. Wait to return until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
Face Coverings Required
- Please be sure to wear a face covering over your nose and mouth whenever not exercising (exceptions made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering). This includes walking into the facility, through all common areas, walking to your piece of equipment, and anytime you are unable to maintain 6-ft. social distance. Face coverings are not required while you are working out, but are recommended by the DCEO.
- We kindly request that you wipe your equipment before and after your workout.
Be a Good Neighbor
- With everyone following the guidelines and rules set forth, we are able to provide a safe and fun fitness experience.
How WE are keeping you SAFE
- Staff are required to stay home if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Additionally, we’re avoiding close contact whenever possible. Please understand our staff are providing the best experience possible given limitations.
- All staff were required to participate in a District-wide COVID-19 Prevention Training prior to returning to work.
- Staff also participated in job specific safety training.
Extra Enforcement of Hygiene
- Staff are increasing the frequency of their hand washing and disinfecting of common touch points.
Sanitizing Stations Available
Facility Cleaning Protocols
- Staff is following the District-wide Restoration of Operations Procedures and reopening protocols for public and staff areas to ensure safety, sanitation, and protective measures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises will be conducted in compliance with CDC protocols.
- A detailed plan, specific to the Centennial Fitness Center & Indoor Pool, has been developed with detailed disinfecting procedures for each room and the items within.
- Common areas and surfaces that are touched by multiple people will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Machines and high touch point areas will be disinfected between each reservation time.
- In a confirmed COVID-19 case is reported at the facility, CDC guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting for Community Facilities will be followed.
Transactions at the Desk
- The Centennial Fitness Center will operate cashless. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Park District Gift Cards will be accepted.
- The customer service desk at the Centennial Fitness Center will only process check-in transactions for the CFC. Online registration at prparks.org is available for all other Park District registrations.
Failure to Follow Guidelines
We care about your health! The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious. Please be respectful of staff and fellow patrons at all times. Failure to follow staff directives and the guidelines set forth will result in suspension of your fitness privileges until further notice. The Park District may change and update guidelines and restrictions at any time given the fluid nature of the pandemic and as new regulations are implemented or new guidance is developed.Daily Rates
See inside the center
Lap Swimming will be available begining Monday, June 29 for Centennial Fitness Center members. Advance reservations are required. To secure your swim time for June 29 - July 5, please use the reservation system below. Please note, this is a new reservation system, and you will need to create an online username and password to secure your swim time.
Priority reservations for members for July 6 - 31 are accepted on our website at prparks.org with activity code 4210315.
If swim times are not reserved in advance, times will be available by drop-in for members and non-members.
The Park Ridge Park District Centennial Fitness Center is a state-of-the-art fitness and athletic facility designed to provide community fitness for all ages through a variety of healthy activities. From our weight machines and group fitness classes to our pools and sports, it is your center for fitness and fun.
- Paramount® and Life Fitness Performance Strength Training Machines
- Free Weights
- Upright Bikes
- Recumbent Bikes
- Spin Bikes
- Schwinn® Airdyne® Bikes
- Concept 2® Rowers
- Precor® and Life Fitness® Elliptical Machines
- Octane® Lateral Trainer
- Cybex Arc Trainer
- Life Fitness® and WOODWAY Treadmills
- WOODWAY Curve
- Stair Masters & Step Mills
- Precor® Adaptive Motion Trainers with Personal TV
- Kettlebells, training ropes, weight vests, TRX suspension trainers, balance boards, plyo boxes, foam rollers, and more to keep your workout challenging and fun!
- 50-inch Plasma Flat Screen TVs
- Cushioned Rubberized Track
- Inside Lane, 12.67 laps per mile
- Outside Lane, 11.86 laps per mile
- 4-Lane, 25-Yard Lap Pool
- Leisure Pool with Current Channel and Spray Features
- Tot Pool with Splash Slide
- Hot Tub and Dry Sauna
NOTICE: Per the DCEO Guidelines, ancillary accommodations, such as the sauna and hot tub are currently closed.
- Six fixed-height basketball goals
- Two portable, variable height basketball goals
- Volleyball, Pickleball, and Badminton available (at designated times)
- Batting cage rental available (rental required)
- Two regulation-size racquetball/wallyball courts
Public Locker Rooms
NOTICE: Locker Rooms are closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available. Please come dressed for your workout.
- Towel service provided
- Handheld hairdryers
- Family changing room available
Please bring a lock to secure your belongings. If you forget a lock, you may purchase one at the Front Desk.
Private Adult Locker Rooms
NOTICE: Private Locker Rooms are closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available. Please come dressed for your workout.
- Private locker for your use only, adult only access.
- Cable television
- Free toiletries (disposable razor, cotton swabs, shaving cream, lotion, etc.)
Private locker rooms are not included in memberships and cost an additional fee. Ask for details at the Front Desk.
Complementary mini lockers for keys, wallets, etc. are available at the Front Desk.
Rentals and Party Packages
Make your next celebration a fun and active one at Park Ridge Park District’s Centennial Fitness Center.
This is a great place to host your party, meeting or event. Centrally located the Centennial Fitness Center offers a variety of venues for a special event or off-site meetings. Pool, party room, or gym rentals are available year round.
The Park Ridge Park District is now accepting private rental requests for our indoor and outdoor facilities within the DCEO guidelines. Social events are limited to lesser of 50 guests OR 50% of overall room capacity. Pavilion rentals and picnic permits are also being accepted. Please complete an application to reserve your rental. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Policies and Regulations
The following rules have been established to help improve the overall experience during the use of the Centennial Fitness Center. By becoming a member you agree to follow all rules set by the Centennial Fitness Center.
- The Centennial Fitness Center is a family facility. Offensive language is not allowed.
- Appropriate clothing is to be worn at all times. See Dress Code.
- No dunking allowed in the gym.
- No child under the age of 7 may be left at the Centennial Fitness Center without adult supervision.
- Only guests 13 years of age and over may use the upper level, stretching area, and track.
- Guests 13-15 years of age must complete the fitness orientation and have a permission slip signed by their parent or guardian on file at the Front Desk.
- For your safety, we require athletic shoes to be worn in the upper level, gymnasium, raquetball courts, and track.
- Shirts must be worn at all times (with the exception of the pool).
- Children younger than 13 years of age are not permitted in the upper level.
- Children ages 13-15 must complete a fitness orientation prior to using the upper level. See General Rules.
- Dropping of free weights is prohibited.
- Guests must wear appropriate attire. See Dress Code.
- Strollers or baby carriers are not permitted.
- Food is not allowed.
Public Locker Rooms
- Children 5 years of age and under may accompany their parent or guardian into both male and female locker rooms. Two family changing rooms are available for older children.
- Children must be within arms length reach at all times.
- Use of mobile phones and cameras is prohibited in locker rooms.
Private Locker Rooms
- No children under 18 are allowed in the private adult male or female locker rooms at any time.
- Food is prohibited in the locker rooms.
See Pool Rules
The Park Ridge Park District reserves the right to amend rules and regulations as deemed necessary by management to protect the health and safety of our guests and staff.