Welcome to the Centennial Fitness Center! Whatever your fitness level we are here to help you reach your goals!
TEMPORARY FACILITY HOURS
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-2:00pm
As of Friday, November 20 the Centennial Fitness Center will continue to be open for members, limited to 25% capacity in each of the following spaces: the first floor cardio area in the South Gym (24 people), the second floor fitness strength/cardio area (22 people), and the indoor track (6 people). Reservations through Group Ex Pro will be required. Click the Reservations tab above to register.
Fitness Center members will be given priority admission. Should we not reach capacity, non-member reservations will be accepted. Please also be aware, swim times at the indoor pool will be available to members for advance reservations.
A face covering must be worn at all times, including while exercising.
- For quick check-in and to get the most out of your reserved time, please reserve your spot in advance. We will accommodate reservations at the desk as long as we are not at capacity. However, it will take time for staff to do the manual entry, which means less time for you to be in the facility.
- Each reservation will be 75 minutes with a 10 minute buffer between time slots to properly clean areas and safely move people in and out of the building.
- You may arrive at the facility anytime during your 75 minute time slot, however you will need to still exit at the end time of your reservation.
- One-on-one personal training will continue
- Locker rooms will be closed
- Pickleball, Badminton, Racquetball, and Wallyball will be suspended until groups can resume indoors
- Open gym remains unavailable
Not a member and want to grab a workout? Call 847-692-5129 to check availability.
Interested in becoming a member? Call Justin at 847-692-5136 for a tour.
NON-MEMBER DAILY RATES
Youth (17 & Under): $5 Resident / $8 Non-Resident
Adult (18 & Older): $8 Resident / $12 Non-Resident
Each guest must pay the daily fee to be allowed in any area of the facility. Parents/legal guardians observing participants in pre-registered programs are not required to pay daily fees.
As of November 20, only outdoor and virtual Group Fitness Classes are available
How the experience has changed to keep everyone safe
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times, including while exercising (exceptions made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- Arrive to the facility dressed in workout attire.
- All locker rooms will be closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available.
- Please bring your own towel for your workout. For your safety, towel services are suspended until further notice.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Water fountains are for water bottle refilling only.
- Minimize the personal items you are bringing to the Fitness Center - keys, phone, water bottle, towel, and face covering.
- A limited number of mini-lockers will be available for use.
- Upon entering the facility or before a class, patrons will be asked whether they are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. If a patron does have symptoms, they will need to wait to enter premises until they have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
- The front desk is strictly for checking in and for any transactions that cannot be completed online.
- Reservations through Group Ex Pro are required and limited to 25% capacity per time slot in each of the following spaces: the first floor cardio area in the South Gym (24 people), the second floor fitness strength/cardio area (22 people), and the indoor track (5 people).
- The lobby area and vending machines are not available.
- Patrons should limit socializing. However, when engaging in limited socializing with your friends at the CFC, please maintain a 6-ft. social distance and wear a face covering.
- Allow for one person at a time in the elevator unless you are with a person from your current household.
- When using the staircase, always stay to your right to allow for social distancing when moving up and down.
Working Out Safely
- Clean and sanitize equipment (e.g., weights, treadmills, any equipment used outdoors) before and after use.
- Maintain 6-ft. of distance during exercise.
- Equipment should not be shared between individuals at the same time unless from the same household.
- On the upstairs fitness floor, equipment has been configured and/or decommissioned to allow for 6-ft. social distancing between individuals. We have also configured designated workout spaces in the free weight area that allow for 6-ft. social distancing.
- We have moved cardio equipment to the South Gym spaced evenly throughout to allow for maximum usage of our equipment while keeping a safe 10-ft. distance for high exertion machines. Television will not be available for the cardio in the South Gym. Please bring your own visual entertainment (iPad, phone, etc.) if desired.
Indoor Running/Walking Track
- The track will be available for a limited number of 5 people per registered time slot.
- A face covering must be worn at all times.
- Restrooms are available.
- Kids Spot childcare services will not be available at this time.
- Per the DCEO Guidelines, ancillary accommodations, such as the sauna and hot tub are closed.
Schedules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update you through our website, emails, and social media platforms. Please make sure that we have your correct email on file.
How YOU CAN HELP keep everyone SAFE
Don't workout if you're sick
- The old days of sweating out a fever or a cold/flu need to be left in the old days. Please do not come into the facility if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Stay home and protect other participants and staff. Wait to return until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared.
Face Coverings Required
- Please be sure to wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times, including while exercising (exceptions made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- We kindly request that you wipe your equipment before and after your workout.
Be a Good Neighbor
- With everyone following the guidelines and rules set forth, we are able to provide a safe and fun fitness experience.
How WE are keeping you SAFE
- Staff are required to stay home if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Additionally, we’re avoiding close contact whenever possible. Please understand our staff are providing the best experience possible given limitations.
- All staff were required to participate in a District-wide COVID-19 Prevention Training prior to returning to work.
- Staff also participated in job specific safety training.
Extra Enforcement of Hygiene
- Staff are increasing the frequency of their hand washing and disinfecting of common touch points.
Sanitizing Stations Available
Facility Cleaning Protocols
- Staff is following the District-wide Restoration of Operations Procedures and reopening protocols for public and staff areas to ensure safety, sanitation, and protective measures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises will be conducted in compliance with CDC protocols.
- A detailed plan, specific to the Centennial Fitness Center & Indoor Pool, has been developed with detailed disinfecting procedures for each room and the items within.
- Common areas and surfaces that are touched by multiple people will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Machines and high touch point areas will be disinfected between each reservation time.
- In a confirmed COVID-19 case is reported at the facility, CDC guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting for Community Facilities will be followed.
Transactions at the Desk
- The Centennial Fitness Center will operate cashless. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Park District Gift Cards will be accepted.
- The customer service desk at the Centennial Fitness Center will only process check-in transactions for the CFC. Online registration at prparks.org is available for all other Park District registrations.
Failure to Follow Guidelines
We care about your health! The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious. Please be respectful of staff and fellow patrons at all times. Failure to follow staff directives and the guidelines set forth will result in suspension of your fitness privileges until further notice. The Park District may change and update guidelines and restrictions at any time given the fluid nature of the pandemic and as new regulations are implemented or new guidance is developed.Daily Rates
See inside the center
Fitness Center Reservation
The Centennial Fitness Center will continue to be open for members, limited to 25% capacity in each of the following spaces: the first floor cardio area in the South Gym (24 people), the second floor fitness strength/cardio area (22 people), and the indoor track (6 people).
Reservations through Group Ex Pro will be required. Click the links below to reserve your spot:
FIRST FLOOR CARDIO RESERVATION
SECOND FLOOR CARDIO RESERVATION
INDOOR TRACK RESERVATION
Lap Swim & Leisure Pool
All indoor swim reservations must be made through the Group Ex Pro Reservation system. Due to limited capacities and many members looking for pool time, members may reserve only one hour per day. Swim reservations are for Centennial Fitness Center members only.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Virtual Group Fitness Classes
Through November 25, we are offering the virtual group fitness classes for free to test and refine our virtual program offering. Beginning November 30, the CFC will offer a paid virtual group fitness program based on the feedback from this trial.
To participate in the virtual class trial:
- Register for your spot using GroupExPro. Sign up for the class with the category of “VIRTUAL CLASS – TRIAL”
- Like our CFC Virtual Class group on Facebook.
- Shortly before class begins, staff will email participants the link to the class, as well as post it on the Facebook group page.
Indoor & Outdoor Group Fitness Classes
Indoor in-person group fitness classes will be suspended as of November 20. Outdoor group fitness classes will continue as weather permits, with a limit of 10 participants. Face coverings required while exercising.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
The Park Ridge Park District Centennial Fitness Center is a state-of-the-art fitness and athletic facility designed to provide community fitness for all ages through a variety of healthy activities. From our weight machines and group fitness classes to our pools and sports, it is your center for fitness and fun.
- Paramount® and Life Fitness Performance Strength Training Machines
- Free Weights
- Upright Bikes
- Recumbent Bikes
- Spin Bikes
- Schwinn® Airdyne® Bikes
- Concept 2® Rowers
- Precor® and Life Fitness® Elliptical Machines
- Octane® Lateral Trainer
- Cybex Arc Trainer
- Life Fitness® and WOODWAY Treadmills
- WOODWAY Curve
- Stair Masters & Step Mills
- Precor® Adaptive Motion Trainers with Personal TV
- Kettlebells, training ropes, weight vests, TRX suspension trainers, balance boards, plyo boxes, foam rollers, and more to keep your workout challenging and fun!
- 50-inch Plasma Flat Screen TVs
- Cushioned Rubberized Track
- Inside Lane, 12.67 laps per mile
- Outside Lane, 11.86 laps per mile
- 4-Lane, 25-Yard Lap Pool
- Leisure Pool with Current Channel and Spray Features
- Tot Pool with Splash Slide
- Hot Tub and Dry Sauna
NOTICE: Per the DCEO Guidelines, ancillary accommodations, such as the sauna and hot tub are currently closed.
- Six fixed-height basketball goals
- Two portable, variable height basketball goals
- Volleyball, Pickleball, and Badminton available (at designated times)
- Batting cage rental available (rental required)
- Two regulation-size racquetball/wallyball courts
Public Locker Rooms
NOTICE: Locker Rooms are closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available. Please come dressed for your workout.
- Towel service provided
- Handheld hairdryers
- Family changing room available
Please bring a lock to secure your belongings. If you forget a lock, you may purchase one at the Front Desk.
Private Adult Locker Rooms
NOTICE: Private Locker Rooms are closed until further notice, and use of showers are not available. Please come dressed for your workout.
- Private locker for your use only, adult only access.
- Cable television
- Free toiletries (disposable razor, cotton swabs, shaving cream, lotion, etc.)
Private locker rooms are not included in memberships and cost an additional fee. Ask for details at the Front Desk.
Complementary mini lockers for keys, wallets, etc. are available at the Front Desk.
Rentals and Party Packages
Make your next celebration a fun and active one at Park Ridge Park District’s Centennial Fitness Center.
This is a great place to host your party, meeting or event. Centrally located the Centennial Fitness Center offers a variety of venues for a special event or off-site meetings. Pool, party room, or gym rentals are available year round.
The Park Ridge Park District is now accepting private rental requests for our indoor and outdoor facilities within the DCEO guidelines. Capacity restrictions will be reassessed based on the latest science and public health metrics on an ongoing basis throughout Phase 4. Pavilion rentals and picnic permits are also being accepted. Please complete an application to reserve your rental. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and Regulations
The following rules have been established to help improve the overall experience during the use of the Centennial Fitness Center. By becoming a member you agree to follow all rules set by the Centennial Fitness Center.
- The Centennial Fitness Center is a family facility. Offensive language is not allowed.
- Appropriate clothing is to be worn at all times. See Dress Code.
- No dunking allowed in the gym.
- No child under the age of 7 may be left at the Centennial Fitness Center without adult supervision.
- Only guests 13 years of age and over may use the upper level, stretching area, and track.
- Guests 13-15 years of age must complete the fitness orientation and have a permission slip signed by their parent or guardian on file at the Front Desk.
- For your safety, we require athletic shoes to be worn in the upper level, gymnasium, raquetball courts, and track.
- Shirts must be worn at all times (with the exception of the pool).
- Children younger than 13 years of age are not permitted in the upper level.
- Children ages 13-15 must complete a fitness orientation prior to using the upper level. See General Rules.
- Dropping of free weights is prohibited.
- Guests must wear appropriate attire. See Dress Code.
- Strollers or baby carriers are not permitted.
- Food is not allowed.
Public Locker Rooms
- Children 5 years of age and under may accompany their parent or guardian into both male and female locker rooms. Two family changing rooms are available for older children.
- Children must be within arms length reach at all times.
- Use of mobile phones and cameras is prohibited in locker rooms.
Private Locker Rooms
- No children under 18 are allowed in the private adult male or female locker rooms at any time.
- Food is prohibited in the locker rooms.
See Pool Rules
The Park Ridge Park District reserves the right to amend rules and regulations as deemed necessary by management to protect the health and safety of our guests and staff.